HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Homeschool Room Phase 2





It has taken awhile but I'm finally making some progress on the homeschool room.  I posted phase1 in  this post.  We did built-ins on a budget using Billy bookcases from IKEA, molding, and lots of paint.  I'm so pleased with how they turned out.  They are so functional and still look pretty. 



I recently went back to IKEA after attending the FPEA homeschool conference and purchased the small work table and wall cubbies.  I tried filling the wall with a white board, maps, pin board, and chalkboard, but no matter how hard I tried I never could work using them into our daily routine.  We are a hands-on book loving family so I figured another craft table and cubby system to hold supplies was the better way to go.  The kids are loving this extra little work space! 

I still need to finish things up on this side of the room.  I'm making a slip cover for the chair and I'm hoping to add some mounted specimens of things we have collected to the wall above the chair.  We also need door knobs for the doors.  I am thinking long term this wall should be filled with more finished out Billy bookcases.




Yep, hiding that TV as much as possible.  This is our new All About Spelling work space.



This space is filled with things we've found, things we've made, new toys and vintage toys, books that inspire, books that teach, books that will change your life, but the thing I was reminded of most at the homeschool conference this past weekend was this space is filled with Jesus and that is to be the forefront of everything we learn.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. You have captured my vision/dream homeschool learning area. What an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What an incredible space!! Can I come to your school too!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I would love a space like this! I'm sharing on Pinterest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I came across this blog on Facebook. Your room is beautiful and inviting. I have zero talent in decorating but this room helps me to see that any area can be used in a way that fits our own family. It will just take some thought and prayer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.